[SloContra] FREE Contra Dance Saturday October 14th

Chanel DeRosier Chanel_Lyon at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 11 21:05:17 MST 2023

We have a contra dance coming up this Saturday, October 14!
This dance is free, sponsored by me for my birthday a few weeks ago.
We will welcome Emil Olguin (guitar) and Ben Graubart (fiddle) to our stage, with expert calling by our own John Little!
Emil and Ben play a delightful and varied repertoire, featuring many original tunes by Emil! Come enjoy an evening of great music, fun dancing, and warm community fellowship!

And while you mark your calendars for this one, take the time to also mark this: On Thursday, January 11, our group will be hosting a very special dance, with music by The Syncopaths! We are calling it our "Carnivale Appetizer" dance, being the night before the ever-famous Contra Carnivale weekend begins!
This dance will take the place of what would have been our regular second Saturday dance (because you know where most of us will be that night!).
Details forthcoming for this very special evening!

Meanwhile, see you all this Saturday at the Odd Fellows Hall, 520 Dana Street, San Luis Obispo, CA.
The dance runs from 6:30 - 9:30 pm.
There will be a brief introductory lesson starting at 6:30 pm, and our experienced community members are encouraged to come and help guide our new friends.