[SloContra] Contra Dance This Saturday April 8th

Chanel DeRosier Chanel_Lyon at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 3 20:36:02 MST 2023

Hello Dancers!

Spring has sprung, and we have a lively spring contra dance coming up on April 8!

The band will be Casitas String Band, a quartet from Santa Barbara, who play a delightful mix of tunes that will get your feet tapping and your heart smiling.

Jean Gorrindo will be calling. There are no Covid restrictions at this time.

We are so very grateful for the many new friends who have been attending our dance! In an effort to enhance the enjoyment for all of the dancers on the floor, Jean plans to try a slightly different approach to the evening, specifically for the introductory lesson at 6:30 pm.

She would love it if all dancers, whether experienced or brand new, plan to arrive by 6:30 pm. She will have us all dancing to music within the first ten minutes! But don’t worry, there will be sufficient instruction throughout the first half hour to create a seamless transition into contra dancing, beginning at 7 pm.

>From there we will follow our new format of three to four contras, a waltz break, more contras, a short break, then more contras, finishing at 9:30 pm.

Last time we had three full sets and we almost broke even for the first time in…well, as long as we can remember.

Let’s keep that positive momentum going!

Come dance with us, Saturday, April 8, from 6:30 – 9:30 pm!