[SloContra] SLO Contra Dances Suspended

Central Coast Country Dance Society info at cccds.org
Thu Mar 24 18:21:01 MST 2022

Dear Dancer,

Wow, it has been a long haul in terms of the pandemic, and we have
certainly missed dancing and seeing everyone.  During the past two years,
the Board of Directors has continued to meet, hoping that we would be able
to dance again at some point.  And we were hoping that new leadership
would emerge to take the dance forward.

For the past 30+ years, Keith, Harold and myself have shouldered much of
the work that it takes to make a monthly dance happen.  The three of us
have made the decision to step down and retire from our duties as your
organizers.

Unfortunately, no one has stepped up to fill our organizer shoes.  So,
sadly, CCCDS will not be sponsoring any more contra dances in SLO for the
foreseeable future.

For the time being, we will maintain our bank account, 501c3 status,
trailer, and sound equipment, in the hope that at some point in time, a
new Board of Directors can be formed.  Anyone who has interest in being a
part of that should contact Chanel DeRosier at chanel_lyon at hotmail.com.

We have appreciated knowing and dancing with each of you, and hope to see
you at other dances along the way.  Monterey has started up their dance
series again, and we feel that Santa Barbara is not far behind.  The new
Contra Carnivale committee has tentative plans to hold their event in
2023.

Until we dance with you again

Sincerely,
Keith, Jean, Harold, Terry, Chanel, and Rick

https://cccds.org