[SloContra] Contra Carnivale

Chanel DeRosier Chanel_Lyon at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 15 08:26:38 MST 2022

Dear Dancers,
Well, in spite of the power outage on Saturday night, we had our best dance yet since returning from the pandemic!  Everyone had so much fun!
Our next dance will be on February 11, and we hope to see lots more of you there!

Meanwhile, Contra Carnivale, the fabulous weekend dance event that was created by our group several years ago, is happening over Martin Luther King Weekend, January 13-15, 2023, under new direction.  Three premier, world-class bands, and three world renown callers will grace the stage of the Vet’s Hall on Grand Avenue, and dancers will come from all over the USA and beyond to dance at this event.  It is an incredible experience, and how wonderful that it happens right here in our community.

The event is sold out, but the committee is still in need of local volunteers to help out with the event during the weekend.  They have several options available to get involved in this fabulous event.  They need for you to go to their website, contracarnivale.org<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fcontracarnivale.org%2F&data=05%7C01%7C%7C26be186b004a4cb295ee08daddfe390c%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C638066381190783519%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=Vkt491INGkGbWSYu7nqByhVAuuB2Pe9EGmg9UA901UQ%3D&reserved=0>,
and register ASAP.  There is also a link to some questions that you will need to complete.  If you have questions, you can email them at contracarnivale at gmail.com<mailto:contracarnivale at gmail.com>.

Some additional needs that they have include:
1.  A garage or similar storage space for a couple of days before the event that is in SLO.
2.  The loan of a vehicle for shopping on Wednesday and Thursday, and also Friday if possible.
3.  A piano bench.

 We hope that our local dance community will support this event.

See you then!
Jean, Chanel and Keith